[Interviews] 20 plus Artist Questions
Kollabahz Korner: Interview Questions
If you have made it to this post it is either because you have been invited or have submitted a request to be our featured artist or to do the kollabahz artist interview. These are pretty much the questions that will be asked on the independent artist interview. There may be a few impromptu questions that could come up during the course of the interview, as to elaborate some point or make things a little clearer for our reader/listeners, but those will more than likely be asked off of questions you have answered during the interview already.
The purpose of looking over these questions before the actual interview is to give the artist more control and comfort during the interview and allow them some sort of preparation. This also gives the artist things to consider, if they have not already, about the course of their career.
- Why do you want to record and release your own music? (Be very honest.)
- Who is your fan/customer? (Analyze this question thoroughly.)
- What are your songs about? (What specific themes do they cover?)
- Do you write your own songs? (Discuss the songwriting process in detail.)
- Who are your musical influences? (Site specific examples.)
- How do you describe your music to people? (This is not a short answer.)
- What image do you think your music conveys? ( Do not avoid the image issue!)
- What are your immediate music career goals? (Next 1 to 3 years.)
- What are your long-term career goals?
- How would you define the word “success”?
- Are you looking for an independent label deal or a major label deal? (Why?)
- Have you recorded any previous CDs or posted any audio files on the Internet?
- Who handles your daily business activities? (Bookings, promotions etc.)
- Have you created a career, marketing, or business plan? (Is it in writing?)
- What made you realize that music was your path?
- What makes your music unique?
- Has there been one particular moment in your musical career that you’re most proud of?
- What’s next for you?
- How can your fans, or anyone wanting to listen to your music find you? (provide working links to social media pages)
- what type of advice would you give to someone taking a similar journey as yours?
- Do you have any rituals that you perform before recording? (elaborate).